Hearing Things Game
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.71. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.03 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lip-reading challenge game
- Take turns wearing speech-cancelling electronic headphones
- Includes 150 cards with 600 phrases
- Includes 1 set of game headphones with built-in sounds and timer, 150 cards, and game guide.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Corporate Social Responsibility
Hasbro is committed to being an ethical and responsible company and is a recognized toy industry leader in the areas of product safety, environmental sustainability, ethical sourcing and philanthropy.
Hearing Things Game
The Hearing Things Game, Hasbro's twist on the online viral 'Whisper Challenge' sensation, the Hearing Things Game has players guessing what they think their teammate is saying by reading their lips. One player puts on the speech-cancelling electronic headphones and the other player says the random phrase shown on the card. The player wearing the headphones can't hear what their teammate is saying and has to figure it out to earn the card.
- Guess what teammates are saying by reading their lips
- Take turns wearing electronic, speech-cancelling headphones
- Twist on the 'Whisper Challenge'
- Ages 12 and up
- For 4 -8 players
Read My Lips
The Hearing Things Game puts players' lip-reading skills to the test! Break into teams, put the deck of cards in the middle of the playing space, and then 1 player puts on the speech-cancelling electronic headphones that will limit their hearing. The headphones also have a built-in one-minute timer. The other player chooses a card and whispers the phrase to their teammate, hoping that they will guess it correctly within 1 minute. The team with the most correctly guessed phrases at the end of the game win.
Hilarious Phrases To Choose From
The Hearing Things game includes 150 cards with over 600 phrases for hours of hilarious lip-reading fun. Players try to get their teammates to correctly figure out phrases such as 'Pigeons like to cuddle,' 'I'll take it to go,' 'The baked potato burned her tongue', or 'Painting class starts today.' Teammates have to guess the phrase exactly, so keep repeating it until they guess it. Players wearing the headphones should guess everything they think their teammate is saying…they might be closer than they think.
More Ways to Play
Besides breaking off into teams, 2 players can also play the Hearing Things Game by keeping points. Each player takes turns wearing the headphones while the other player whispers the phrases on the card. Players keep any cards that were guessed correctly. After each player has taken 3 turns, score points for each card earned.
Who knows what's going to come out of your teammate's mouth? The Hearing things game, Hasbro’s twist on the online viral "Whisper Challenge" sensation has you guessing what you think your teammate is saying by reading their lips. One player puts on the speech-cancelling electronic headphones and the other player says the random phrase shown on the card such as, "Pigeons like to cuddle" or "You’re the champ of the camp ". The game headphones limit the player‘s ability to hear what their teammate is saying out loud, and the player has to figure it out to earn the card. The player with the most cards wins. The game comes with speech-cancelling electronic game headphones, and 150 cards with 600 phrases. Hasbro Gaming and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The headset is not great and feels flimsy. Will it last a whole year? Unknown, but it feels unlikely.
2) The sounds inside are pretty dang loud. A better set of noise cancelling earphones would probably be more fun.
3) It's suggested for 8+ because the headphones don't fit well on smaller kids heads, but even some adults with smaller heads will have to secure them on their head by holding them.
4) It requires a Phillips head screwdriver and 2 AAAs (not included). For the price and what comes in the game, some batteries could definitely have been included.
5) Storage - the box is open, and removing the headphones requires breaking a piece of cardboard that holds it in. Therefore, it can't be placed back in the box securely, and the cards don't have a place to go. Having it be a closed box would've been a much better idea to keep all the game pieces together.
You also can try a mashup version of this with Apples to Apples while someone reads the red cards to the person with the green card (who is wearing the headphones), and they have to pick from their interpretation. Hilarious.
Overall, it is a fun game but difficult to recommend at this price point, for what you get.